View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a joke.

Actually, the first consideration was to get a possible sub-group of guys with a common interest and get to know some different people. That has worked out famously for the 19 cars, owners we have found. We have discussed a webpage, and a gathering of our cars in the future.
Another ,the second, is I haven't seen many real factory 3x2 4 speed convertibles
in my 24 + years in the hobby. So, with Mr. Murrell's talents, we embarked on finding as many as possible. Both of us have found way too many 4 b. dconverted cars. Fine, no problem, but, they aren't original. I asked Jim Mattison before embarking on this, what his educated guess was, after all, he holds the info, and he said,"alot" have come his way. That term needs some definition for the curious.
One great addition to our group is Jim Mott, who, along with Scott Tiemann, is one
of the great restorers of our cars in the world. Jim has found alot of the 19 cars we have booked. It is interesting to see the various ways the original owners ordered their cars,too.
The last thing, although we have found some "tags in envelop guys", we can say, if we sell, rare with a reasonable number attached to the ad. Sure, many are not to be discoved, but ,isn't it always the most fun on the journey, than the end result. I
liken it to archeology, discovering the past through digging. I once calculated ,using the best available information at the time, that there were about 2250 originally built.
There are more reasons, but, at least that gives some of you an idea ,"why?"
Larry B