View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a dry film product available to coat items before assy it dries doesn't get wiped off, if you sprayed a mirror you could scratch it off but over parkerization that is rough like on a cam lobe no

I have used it a couple times on new cams

the way i prep a cam is i chuck it up slow in my drill press using a 1/2 bolt with head cut off tape off lobes next to bearing journals use wet dry sand paper for auto body wet with oil start at near 1000 grit working in steps up to 5000 grit then finish with Flitz metal polish

after that i spray the whole cam down good with brake clean then tape off journals and spray lobes with LPS Force 842 let it cure for a while / few days usually in the sun then use moly paste on install

I cannot speak for how much or how long 842 stays incorporated on lobes because they are still in fine running engines and after breakin time it doesn't really matter

overall my proceedure doesnt have any potential downsides it can only help

just using brake clean to clean lobes then spraying 842 will work fine as well along with natural assy proceedures .

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lps_force_842_dry_moly_lubrica_1640396026_cdecd990_progressive-1163676766.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	628838  

Last edited by Formulas; 02-18-2024 at 10:42 AM.