View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
I will be running the Edelbrock low profile elbow and an LS DBW TB on a Victor EFI intake. Before I went down this road I spoke to a number of people, due to concerns of air distribution. The Edelbrock guys I spoke to after numerous calls basically told me that it's not as much of a factor as some may believe, and they did some ridiculous hours of testing with the low elbow specifically. He commented that you want to use an open plenum intake, and the taller they are the better. The divider was placed and sized, to maximize the distribution. The amount of air flow discrepancies are so low it was not a great concern.

Yes, you can go custom, and have something made, but you all know what that means. $$$$$. And the gains will be arguable I bet.

I plan on monitoring EGTs and plug readings, as well as overall AFRs. But for anything other than an all-out strip car, I suspect it will be fine. Give me a few weeks and I will have actual data. But have seen several others who have used a similar setup and are satisfied.

Thanks for the pics... at least now I can see what my combo will look like. The only reason I did not go with the victor and went with the NW was because I was concerned with hood clearance... Are you able to get hood closed without contact with the way it is now?

Also, It appears that you are using an electronic throttle body... I was planning on sticking with the cable... however I am interested as to what PCM/ software you plan to control everything with.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

SPEED SAFE, NICK