View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 05:29 PM
Suspended

Some random pics since not sure where I posted previous projects.

This is an original bracket and the exhaust pipe bracket I made to suit standard sender unit. Seems I don't have pics of it after welding up, just installed. Should give an idea of the different body sizes, the pipe still needs to stretch to fit also.

Oil sender brackets stock and larger by Ben, on Flickr

Oil sender brackets larger modification by Ben, on Flickr

Firebird 403 oil pressure sender bracket plated (1) by Ben, on Flickr

Here's another using original bracket that I recurved and rebent but then required a crush tube of sorts. It was fairly mangled out of shape when I found this bracket, later replated. I can't recall which is currently fitted.

Firebird 403 oil pressure sender bracket plated (3) by Ben, on Flickr

I don't have an oil pressure sender tube pic of stock versus reproduction but it was longer than stock, and that was already a fraction long to use with the later version sender body and bracket to align with mounting hole. But here's the stock tube with the modified, now shorter stainless reproduction tube at the bottom. The shorter tube allows the sender to be pulled back past the flange where the bracket wants to sit.

Oil pressure sender tube stock vs modified by Ben, on Flickr

Here's an original small-body sender I picked up, it didn't work, but was good for a sample and about the only one I've seen pop up, along with bracket.

403 Firebird oil sender and bracket 2 by Ben, on Flickr

403 Firebird oil sender and bracket 4 by Ben, on Flickr

Last edited by Trevor78; 10-01-2022 at 05:37 PM.