View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default where i came from? part 4

about 6 weeks later i was driving down the 4 lane main drag just passed the pontiac place when i saw a car hauler with a load of pontiacs headed to the pontiac dealer. i spotted it imediately. there it was in the middle of the bottom row. My GTO! i made a u-turn as soon as i could, followed the truck & watched 'em unload the cars. i was like a kid at christmas & santa had brought me the car of my dreams! i talked to a salesman who told me they'd have to check it out in the shop before i could leave with it, so we finished up the paper work & soon there is was. he handed me the keys & i jumped in & drove off down the 4 lane. it was perfect, everything felt just right, like it was made just for me. i only made 2 changes-- a hurst t-handle & the widest tires i could find for the back- i think they were h-70's. the wider stuff like n-50's weren't around yet. i'd usually go back to our little home town at least one day of the week-end to be part of the muscle car parade. i'd watched 'em do it for years so i new just what to do-- lope slowly through the bowling alley parking lot, then pull out onto the 4-lane keeping a sharp eye out for the law. if the coast was clear i'd pop the clutch & bark the tires,then get some 2nd gear rubber, then ease it into 4th & lope slowly up the hill passed the dairy queen. it was a great time to be alive & i'm glad i got to be a part of it!