Thread: 1967 GTO HO
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by george kujanski View Post
"two front brake lines had cooling coils wrapped around them because of the heat generated from the large exhaust manifolds"

I have always wondered what the purpose for these were. I've heard of them referred to as rock shields, but I have no idea.

What are they? Could they be there to prevent kinking during bending?

George
George,

Those coils wrapped around the front brake pipes / lines are exactly what I said, they help dissipate the heat from the brake line because of those Large Hot exhaust manifolds.

They weren’t used in the bending of the brake pipes as “Non” HO / Ram Air cars do not have these coils.

Notice that the brake lines running down the frame and to the rear drums do not have these cooling coils.

MPC showing these cooling shields listed for the ‘67 HO and RamAir.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34E85DE3-8275-4B3A-984B-4818B9CF8B71.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	574495  

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
The Following User Says Thank You to 60sstuff For This Useful Post: