View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah it's actually in the Guinness record book as the longest running cruise.

I'd have to get in touch with Cynthia again, I don't really know if she has any intentions of bringing the Saturday night cruise back or not. Kind of a conglomeration of things.

When she took over the franchise I got the impression she didn't really like the late evening vibe because she started trying to get everyone to leave by 7pm and would call the cops in every Saturday night to run everyone off. That went on for months. Then this virus thing started and suddenly large gatherings were frowned upon, so that pretty much stopped it all together.

When things settled down she kept talking about starting it back up, but told me she didn't have the insurance to do it. Apparently she let it lapse when the virus thing started with all the restrictions. And you know how that goes, once you stop something, it's even harder to get it back. I think it also had something to do with the Gila River Indian Reservation not wanting to grant her permission, since the property is on reservation land, and the Gila reservation was 10 times more strict than Doug Ducey had been with Maricopa county.

So with all that, I guess she decided to start a cars and coffee morning thing and limit the amount of cars in a small time slot due to the insurance thing.
Problem with that is we have a dozen cars and coffee cruises nearly every day of the week and to take the best evening cruise in Arizona and turn it into another cars and coffee was just the wrong idea in my opinion. I guarantee, even with that, she still has a severe drop in business.

So only time will tell if the Saturday night thing comes back. I hope it does come back, in full force without restrictions. Short time slots don't work for me either. I'm not driving 4 hours if I can't spend at least several hours down there.

67th and Bell has become one of the better Saturday night cruises throughout this whole ordeal. Not even the virus restrictions stopped that from happening.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE