View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up For anyone not on Facebook...

Attention Fellow Pontiacers in/or near KATY TEXAS.
With the recent loss of one of my best friends, I’m now sorting out his projects to assist his kids in finding a good home for all of this.
Right now this '63 Cat is a roller, However, the engine and transmission may be in storage. The title has also not been located at this time.
When first purchased this Cat was set up for 1/4 mile fun, The first few images are the original ad pictures along with the OE sales paperwork and pictures when he first bought it. Followed by detailed shots showing you all I could upon my inspection.
I can't tell you if we'll locate the engine and trans or why he pulled it. I do not recall him ever having mentioning having mechanical problems.
He liked to go fast so he may just have decided to overhaul it, based on all the performance parts that were in the car.
I will say that if we do locate the missing pieces we will include them with this deal.
What I can tell you is there is a load of extra parts both engine and interior.
Seems he had also bought an additional '63 for the bucket seats, which are now in the car along with all the other bits.
What I did was took everything out of the car and photographed as much as possible to show the most honest images I could. The car is extremely solid with only the trunk pan which is the "swiss-cheese" version and PS lower fender needing work. Floors, Rockers, Doors, Quarters, Inner Wells, Window Channels, and most other areas are in IMO amazing condition. The frame is also near perfect with no rot. The Hood and roof have a major Texas sunburn. All of the glass is in excellent condition. The windshield has a heavy rock chip. Brightwork and bumpers are in real nice shape showing no majors issues beyond normal wear. The front bumper suffers only chrome wear-off.
The Interior has very well-worn-out door panels mismatched but correct style bucket seats. The rear seat and side panels are in very nice shape. Dash pad, Rear Shelf cover, and headliner toasted. The car is rolling on a decent set of P235/70R15 tires mounted on 15" Rally II rims. The car originally had a 9.3 rear which appears to be what is still under it. If you look up "1963 Pontiac Catalina Drag Racing" posted on YOUTUBE on July 16, 2014, by Scott Osborne it lists the setup it was running, I do not know if that was the same when my buddy bought it. I did have all the engine related parts out and photographed them accordingly, but there is just way too much to list here, just reach out to me and I'll send over all the pictures I couldn't add here and if you have any questions I will gladly try to answer them in a timely and accurate manner.
Please understand that we have put a base price on all of this and are open to all reasonable offers but have zero interest in parting anything out. It is an all or nothing as is where is, sale. If you are a local I will gladly coordinate a possible inspection if desired.
This Cat could easily be returned to its former glory and/or be continued as a 1/4 mile weekend worrier.
Again the Cat is in Katy Texas, I'm in Virginia Beach so bear with me making arrangements.

Help me help them.
Thank You.
Jeff Hamlin
Virginia Beach, VA

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BIG CAT 2.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	573033   Click image for larger version

Name:	PS (1).jpg
Views:	396