View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Does your floor pan have the cutout for the fuel separator?

I ask because once you go to EFI, and you want (and should) to use the EFI tank with in-tank pump, you will be limited to 2 vents on the tank, and one would be needed for a vent/separator return.

What I do is use the 2 vent tubes on the right of the standpipe for vent/return, and let it vent to atmosphere. There's no to little smell this way, and if you wanted to, you could even route one to the charcoal can.

It works good.

If the cap came off the one capped vent on the tank the way you had it, that means psi built up, and you may not have sufficient venting. Just a thought.

EDIT: The EFI tanks technically have a return which enters via the pump assembly to tank fitting. There are 2, small vents on the tank itself.

All long gone. All that remained were the 3 rusted through metal vent lines and dry-rotted rubber hose connectors to the mainfold under the car. I had no interest in reinstalling all the missing pieces and just installed the '70 vent provision which was 2 short lengths of hose, a filter, hose clamps and a frame clamp like the one below. I took it a step further and added a length of hose to the open and and ran it up over the tank and alongside the filler neck to get the fumes out from under the car. My '71 had the recess in the frame for the filter end and was predrilled from the factory and also had the square locating tab the bracket.