Thread: Center jets
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenth View Post
I would NOT use any other inlet valve style but the original style and size.
This is IMPORTANT to avoid all sorts of fuel delivery issues as flooding, reduced flow etc.
Most troublesome are the integrated "disc" type inlet valve, i have since long lost count of all the folks i have helped with their carbs where this inlet valve was used.

A 1966 Pontiac Tripower center carb uses a .120" inlet valve seat with a clip on the needle and the outer carbs uses .086" valve seat, no clip.

FWIW
The valve Kenth mentions has a wafer of neoprene, encapsulated in an aluminum frame, and is located between the seat and the plunger. If float drop is not perfect, it is possible for the wafer to jam, and full fuel flow at all times. Not a good thing Have not seen a lot of these, thankfully.

Had far more issues with the two ball valve, mainly because we have seen more of them. Sure glad someone sells them, because folks that have tried them purchase kits with the original type valve from us. Really help our business

Jon

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.