View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
Anyone seen/used this item from California Car Covers? Saw it in an promo email sent by them and wondered if it works as advertised? Reviews are interesting.

Thoughts??

I can see a possible issue with using a trickle charger and or antennas. I guess you could use a catch pan or otherwise for any leaks.

https://www.calcarcover.com/product/antirust-car-storage-bag/686
I used one for a few winters many years ago. You put desiccant bags on the ground under the car to suck up any moisture. You don't back the car "into" one of those. There's a bottom section and a top section connected with a zipper. So you drive onto the bottom section, then cover the car with a good soft cover, then put the top section of the bag over that, and zip it.

I used to remove the battery from the car and put it on a trickle charger on a shelf. And my car had a windshield antenna, so I didn't have to deal with that.

The bag worked as advertised. The car always came out in May looking exactly the way it went in in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
It's an interesting concept, with a tragic outcome for an older couple who bought a similar unit a few years back.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...astic-bag.html

While attempting to back his car into his "storage bag", he was overcome by carbon monoxide. His partner attempted to rescue him and also succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Being that the cover is a very small space, I would consider rolling a vehicle in or out to not have this particular safety issue, if I bought one.
That's a different type of "bag" than the one the OP asked about.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue

Last edited by keith k; 12-05-2022 at 09:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keith k For This Useful Post: