View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
I'm still recovering from a frustrating mess, aka Frankencarb, and don't wish it on anyone. Good clues for history of a "factory rebuild" are stripped finish and/or a bar across the vent hole as attached. A rebuilder sticker is an obvious indicator. I sent it to shaker455 after fighting it and he worked wonders.

Go through the carb before calling Cliff and make sure the carb has its original parts (body, airhorn, base). This alone can be a challenge as the part numbers in online references are not labeled on the parts. If you have any doubt, post photos and ask those that have seen a few hundred of them!

Then measure everything and compare with stock. Cliff can't tell what you're starting with. Informed decisions are better than assumptions.

It is hard to find the original configuration (DCR, airbleeds, bypass, etc.) to know if they've been modified. Kenth gave me a lot of that info and I was grateful.
What ever might be in the carb really doesn't matter much when you're at the point of going through it anyway. You'll be changing the airbleeds, bypass air and IFR's anyway because the stock configurations aren't much use today.
Cliff will supply you with all that stuff.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE