View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 07:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
He ran at least 15 different sims, maybe more, making adjustments in LSA, advance, difference between 1.5 and 1.65 rockers on each one.
Simulation wise usually I run 6561 different valve event combinations (9 x 9 x 9 x 9) Plus / minus 16 degrees adv duration span on intake, same for exhaust. The program displays the top 10 results. Among the 10 best normally see minor deviations in duration and centerlines.
Then I will correlate timing events to real world cam lobe scans and see if the trends continue to line up. An eye opener sometimes is how much different real cams are from the curve the computer estimates using lift, adv duration and .050 specs.

For this image the real cam is the dark.. the lighter curve the computer guessing.

My only bias is in favor of science. Lobe separation is a man-made concept. As it relates to an engines pressures and gas flows a given LSA cam has nothing in common with another of the same LSA, unless the cam is fully identical. Even valvetrain deflection will impact what events / LSA an engine favors.

Last edited by pastry_chef; 04-12-2021 at 08:01 PM.