View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:55 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckmastr View Post
You wouldn't but we do. We've been running at 36 degrees with 42 to 49lbs of boost now for 7+ year's and have NEVER burnt up a thing in it.
As for why we run this much ....... Because that's where this motor is happy.
Every motor is different so to try and make it sound like I don't have a clue maybe a tick unfair. I asked the OP a simple question as to what the initial timing was and jumped on from him and you. It was a simple question that does have relevance to the conversation (IMO). I comment very little on the board now I remember why. But hey what do we know , You fast guys carry on then

Here is a pic of our timing map just for reference.
Your posted grid does not show that. 42 degrees of timing.

It shows 36 at low speeds before the turbo is making any real power and 27 for the majority of the grid.

Maybe you posted the wrong grid or just do not want people to see your real grid.

So I will stick by my 27 degree recommendation for when you are making any 20+ PSI of boost pressure and above 3500 rpm.

Tom V.

ps just for your information. MAP is Manifold Absolute Pressure. The Manifold is already seeing 14.7 psi with no boost at all.
so your largest number 51 on the MAP grid is actually about 36 psi of boost pressure. not 45 or 50 psi.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 10-14-2021 at 10:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post: