View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 10:15 PM
Suspended

Money talks and developers have the money. Many communities don't want drag strips nearby and housing development encroach on them. Happened to a small track in Charlotte. Had been there I believe since 1959 and houses went up nearby. The neighbors did not like the noise, even though they knew the track was there and ran every weekend. They fired up a petition and the city caved - track gone.

I bet many of these tracks don't make a lot of money unless they host big events. I can only imagine the taxes they have to pay out, and last year was a bust for most, so that is no help. I see drag racing tracks going away with just a few big ones remaining like the Nascar boys. It'll be back to street racing and when people get fed up with the street racers, and people get killed, the towns/cities and law enforcement will support drag strips again. It's just a cycle - and don't forget you'll be purchasing "carbon credits" with this new administration, a tax based on tail pipe emissions testing at the track. It's coming.