View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 07:46 PM
Senior Chief

I installed these headers today. So to install, i had to elongate the farthest end holes on both side. I just used a die grinder with a carbide bit to chew it out a bit. The holes needed 1/8 per to get the bolts in. Also i think this is normal for most car regardless of header brand, but i had to remove the oil filter block. Another thing is my car had the brake proportioning valve located on the side of the frame. Header contacted that. I was able to unbolt it, and massage it up and over so it sits on top of the frame. I then made a small flat plate to remount it. I did not have to make new lines. I used the supplied stainless header bolts, and Butler gaskets. Besides my little sidetracks, the cheap bastards fit well. The exit straight back, and hang level with one another. Everywhere on my car i have 3/16 inch of clearance. I did not and will not have to clearance any tubes. Fullsize delco starter slid right back in, and so did the filter block. No sweat. No hammer or torch action. I am really surprised. I got lucky perhaps. If anybody needs any pictures of something certain. Let me know. I will be building the rest of the exhaust tomorrow. Thanks

1973 Grand Am 400 4 speed
The Following User Says Thank You to big matt For This Useful Post: