View Single Post
Old 05-20-2023, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott70 View Post
Maybe these EVs will last longer than the average electric battery tools. Both of my Dewalt batteries have diminished alot on run time. And the price for replacement Dewalt batteries are expensive. And you can't start to charge the battery until it cools down. Battery Replacement expense can be high enough to throw the whole thing away and buy new. And now a new battery design and you can't use your old charger. The EVs will have the same problems
To some extent that will be true. The Pick-up in post 204 just looks like an oversize Subaru Brat. Bed is completely useless and open to the elements. I don't think you could haul a 1/2 sheet of plywood or drywall in it. Or even an appliance or vanity. What the hell is it for anyway? A complete head scratcher to me. Working with quite a few hybrids, good used batteries are available at junk yards for 30%-50% the cost of new. But full electric car batteries may be dead by the time they hit the junkyards/landfills. Where to put all the dead batteries will become an issue in 10 years. I likely won't be around to see how all this eventually pans out.