View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Boost Engineer

There are a few out there who wanted to provide a product for the Pontiac few:
The Butlers, the KRE guys, the All Pontiac Guys (Bob and Frank, The BOP Guys, Mark and Wade, The Rare Exhaust Guy, and myself, were invited to a meeting at a Track in Virginia to discuss how the group could keep the Pontiac engine alive for a few more years and represent the Pontiac Community and its suppliers at the PRI Shows in Orlando Florida.

The KRE Guys did not show.

So the above Group did the PRI Show in Florida for several years.

Bob and Frank and the Butlers did the Engine and Head stuff
The Rare Guy did the exhaust manifolds
Mark H and Wade C did the BOP Belt Drive and a bunch of other needed parts.
Butler worked out a deal to have Edelbrock supply E-Heads for Pontiacs as well as other needed parts like better intakes.

I offered to help the guys with Boost projects down the road. It took a while but at some point I got involved in helping Mark at Luhn Performance with his Boosted Engine projects and Dyno Tests. Mark and I helped Brian H with his project for several years.
The Vortech Guys helped with superchargers and actually had a Pontiac GTO kit listed in their Catalog at one time (engineered by them). Mark H at Luhn Performance later took over that work: designing parts, making parts (like his modded oil pumps), doing dyno tests, etc.

So years later, many years later, a PY member named Justin S talked to the Butlers and Travis Quillen about doing Twin Turbos on his vehicle because he had an idea to sell a car show concept to the Discovery Channel. Rodney Butler had been running his Twin Turbo GTO and later 63 Tempest on the track. The Butlers/ Travis Q were contracted to help him on his project.

So don't ever bad-mouth the Butlers for adding to their Pontiac program with a LS vehicle program for later Pontiacs.

I was working for my employer and therefore never took any cash but offered a lot of free advice on boosting over the years to PY members. Same deal with the Holley carb stuff. The name of the original organization we formed, if I remember right was the TEEPEE group. Forget what it means, ask Bob and Frank.

So my suggestion is Get off your Easy Chair, and contribute like The Butlers, Travis Q, the RARE Guy, the BOP Guys, Mark at Luhn Performance, Don with his parts, Larry W, and others have done for many years. No criticism for the guys who are in it just for the money though, that is their deal. Even Chief and the Racers out there are in it for the money.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.