View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Rock... if you are bitten by a recluse spider you'll know it. Best to get to a doctor ASAP. Their venom can and will kill you. A friend was bitten by one and didn't pay attention to it. By the time he got to an ER he was in really bad shape and almost died from it. Could have lost his leg too, but fortunately for him they they saved his life and leg.
This was a couple years ago. I have a small scar, but all good now.

Lots of people get bit in their sleep and dont know it immediately. They rarely kill, but yeah seek medical attention immediately. Their bites create a necrotic wound, which is why its basically the same as having a staph infection. I think the greater danger of death comes from said would becoming infected. If its in a bad area the doctors will just cut away the necrotic flesh. A friend of mine got bit in her sleep a couple times in the butt. Had to get a couple of tablespoons taken out of her posterior.

All that said, I am terrified of spiders so regardless of how deadly they are or arent they can all stay away from me. Im the type of dude who will stop and help a snapping turtle or snake across the road. But I kill spiders on sight.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports