View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Bottom Feed Turbo Intake Build

I started making the pieces for my Intake . So far I made a die for making the runners. I searched all over the internet for the right size runner material with no luck, so I decided to make them.. The die took me a couple of weeks to make but it was worth it. I got one runner made so far , it wasn't that hard once I figured out how to go though the process of lining it up square with the right size of aluminum needed so in the end of the pressing process it butted up with a small gap for welding . Im also in the process of making the head and plenum flanges as well as the throttle body flange. Im trying to figure out a way to O-ring the plenum flange with a bolt on feature so just in case the plenum I designed doesn't work I can just unbolt it and only have to build a new plenum instead of the whole manifold . Here are some pictures of the die and a runner I made with it. Also is a couple of the big chunk of aluminum im making the flanges with . It started out at 6"x28"x2" . I cut it down the middle making it basically a 6"x28"x 7/8" piece. Soon it will take shape to the size it needs to be... Its a lot of work though..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image 1.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	466688   Click image for larger version

Name:	image 2.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	466689   Click image for larger version

Name:	image 5.jpg
Views:	281