View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpowr View Post
Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing but use different names. When you say clip are talking about the nut that clips on? That's what I call U-nut. I've attached a pic of the underside of a valance. Back 5 holes (red)are mounted to the core support and the other 5 (black) is for chin spoiler. The only thing that I'm not 100% sure of if the clip nut for the outer holes clips to the support or the the outer hole on spoiler.
No, I am not talking about U-nuts. Pontiac came out with a clip that the back of the valance panel slides into. They were having problems with the valance panels cracking from being bolted to the radiator support. Their fix was to use clips, so the back side of the valance is not bolted to the bottom of the radiator support, it just slides into the clips which also slide onto the bottom of the radiator support in the same spot where the holes are for the U-nuts. I think that thread you posted the link to talks about the clips. Yahooskidoo made some for me as they are long discontinued from GM and nobody seems to have any. I will get a pic.

1978 Y88 Trans Am W72/auto
1979 10th Anniversary Trans Am
1984 Trans Am
1993 Trans Am
1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
2001 10th anniversary Firehawk #104
2006 GTO