View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper View Post
CITYDESK175,
Thanks for the link, much easier!
Wow...I bet you "stole" that gem. Very nice!
I saw one for $1500 for sale at brokerage house:
http://www.artbrokerage.com/art/kras...sky_15976.htm#
Btw, the site you linked is very complex, you are right about that!
The data base is amazing!
Looks like a good portal or start for "family tree" searchs.
Jeff
I went into Sallies' and saw the framed print without a price. I recognized the print because I had seen works by the artist "Krasnyansky" on recent cruises where Park West has auctions. Since the work was a match in every way and framed too. I asked for a price and the store manager spent many minutes in a pricing huddle with her staff (actually just her) and she arrived at a safe price of $45.00. I said "Deal" and brought it home. My son helped me bring this 40x50 framed print in and we laid it on the kitchen island face down.

Our shipboard art auctioneers hang up art a couple of times per auction so that the attendees can only see the back of the frame. Then the auctioneer announces a "special " price that might be 60% of the listed starting price. The audience bids sight-unseen on these "polar bears in a snowstorm" and on average get the best deal of the auction. "Hold your number card up and everybody gets one."

At this point mywife arrived home and noticed this gigantic frame upside down in her kitchen. "What piece of "stuff" did you buy this time?" "Its a polar bear, go ahead and look at it." My son turned it over and she said: "We are going to find a place for that!"
And everyone was happy.
==============================
And I have to visit Footnote.com a lot more <S>

Regards
Citydesk175

=====================
There are 10 types of people in this world"
those who know binary and those who don't
========================