View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Omaha metro area is deceiving in size. The counties comprising the metro area (including the Iowa side), we're right at a million people. And the Lincoln metro (about 35 minutes away) adds another 400,000 or so. The best part is, within minutes you can be in areas where you have farm fields on both sides and enjoy and peaceful highway cruise without much traffic.

There are plenty of cruise-ins throughout the week and shows on weekends. And there are two local Pontiac clubs (Pontiac Owners Association and a POCI-chapter) that are quite active as well as other non-Pontiac clubs.

The winters aren't the great, but they're certainly livable and we can say we enjoy four distinct seasons. Our coldest weather is generally in January, but the average high is still 32 degrees (average low during that month is 13 degrees). We still have our fair share of very cold weather streaks, however. When most of the country was in the deep freeze this past winter, it made it all the way down to -23 degrees F.

It doesn't snow as much as people might think. Average seasonal snowfall in the Omaha metro areas historically is 29" and for the past two decades it has averaged about 26" That's the average though! We ended up with about 11" in one day this past winter and I believe that amount set a new record.

For me, you get used to the winters. I prefer to use them as time to get things done on the cars without missing the driving season. And when winter finally breaks and spring arrives, you get a newfound appreciation for your old cars.

Is it a job that's potentially bringing you here? The housing market is certainly booming!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky Rotella For This Useful Post: