View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
Like Tom said, maybe consider another engine builder. I like the idea of putting a 4” stroke in it. I’ll be putting one in mine as well. I’d think you could get away with a hone on an engine with only 6,000 miles on the rebuild. I assume it was bored with torque plates when it was initially rebuilt in 2011.

I really can’t say for sure that a torque plate was used when it was bored back in 2011. I can look through the paperwork that the PO gave me. It was basically a stock rebuild (8-eyebrow pistons and all). The PO was pretty hands-off when it came to working on the car. Fortunately, he was pretty emphatic about keeping all the original parts on the engine.

The builder I spoke with was also pretty emphatic about running an in-tank electric fuel pump. He also talked about using a different Pertronix distributor, a vacuum pump for brakes, a blueprinted mini-starter and even a different flex fan. Again, I’m not being critical of his ability to build strong Pontiac engines, I’m just not sure we share the same vision for my car.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my PY family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk