View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to back up a few steps, when I was working behind the seat, I unplugged the ribbon from the rest of the wires. I was able to get the same 2.8v at the ribbon. So that made me feel good since it will be easy to run a wire from there to the sending unit.
HOWEVER, when I grounded that wire, the gauge still read FULL. That's what got Clay and I to think i need to check the gauge itself. Maybe I have two problems, a bad wire and a bad gauge.

So I'm trying to work on the gauge for now. I need to get that to read E before I change any wires on the car downstream of the dash.

I'm going to try and flip the "L" connector over so that I get power to the gauge, but can access the sending until tab with my meter (Clay's idea).

Clay also suggested I take some OHM readings on the gauge alone, no wires plugged in to it. I should be able to do that.

I'll report back.

Hey, while I'm scraping my hands behind the dash, is that where I grab the bulb to replace it? During all my messing around, i blew the dash bulbs. I have to check all the fuses first to make sure they're getting good connections. So many little problems, so little time. But, I'M SO HAPPY TO BE PLAYING with my new toy!

469, M21, 3.42