View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by besserspat View Post
That would be the kind of numbers that would make me happy, 118-120 in the quarter is quite respectable for anything with a licence plate.

The 200 shot is for playing around with bigger fishes.

What seems to work on my cars that are experiencing fuel starvation is installing a surge tank in the nose of the car, homemade or aftermarket.
You could have a 7/16 fuel line and stock pump to the surge tank and still run impressive ET, since most surge tanks are large enough on their own to supply fuel for a complete quarter mile in a really fast car.

Some people dont feel safe driving with a gallon of fuel hiding in the front of the car but my old 911 has all of its fuel in the nose...
i looked at the robbmc surge tank, but like you said, i dont see that being a good idea for a street car, too risky having fuel right there at the corner nose/fender area with no real protection... have you seen what these cars do in even a mild mph accidents? no thanks.

i run a robbmc 1100 pump & his 1/2" pickup with 1/2" & -8 line from tank to pump & pump to carb, only have issues about half the time on good runs, sucks when you get good 60ft & 1/8 mile time/mph only to have the car nose over at top of 2nd gear! the next step will be an electric in tank pump, but the robbmc runs so good as is & has allowed for some pretty good times considering the combo, stock 72cc O port E heads, HO intake & Q-jet, 3.23 gears, continental 3200 th400.

also the "high quality" anchor mounts are made in korea. something to consider to strengthen the driver side mount is to make you own mity mount by running a .25 cent 3/8" bolt through it which is all mity mounts are, they use the same anchor mounts & grind the "made in korea" off to try & fool people. i have made a few of them & the original one is still doing good in my car after 6+ years of drag strip & street abuse. but i also run a simple chain from the front driver head down to the frame as a limiter & im sure that has helped the mount live longer.