View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of TSBs refers to a DTC PO521 code using another GM/Delco oil filter part #UPF48R. That sounds like a far reach that a different oil filter is going to stop it from setting a code. However it's not going to cost a bunch of money to try it.

Then they talk about the screen in the oil manifold, which I assume is the screen you have mentioned.

There is also talk about doing an ohm reading on the oil pressure switch, which you already say you've replaced, but just because a part is new doesn't mean it's good. I can think of a few times new parts came out of the box defective. Just something worth keeping in mind before you tear your hair out chasing a non problem.

Have you put a mechanical gauge on it to verify what the oil pressure actually is?

A stuck by pass valve, weak or broken relief spring in the oil pump, could also cause it.

Checking oil pressure with a mechanical gauge would show an actual oil pressure problem. Then you have to hunt down the mechanical problem. I would want to verify that the mechanical portion was up to snuff before chasing electrical gremlins.

That's how I would approach the diagnostics, just my .

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated