View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default This one will have to go back...

From the Mickey Thompson Website -

================================================== ===============
WHAT DO THE COLORED DOTS MEAN ON MY DRAG TIRES?
These are simply inspection dots that are used when the tires come out of the mold. These are not to line up the valves stem or high and low spots.

Bryan - I read somewhere else that Summit mounts and balances free with purchase. Nice! I bought both wheels and tires on the same order hoping that would happen here....until they indicated the wheels were in NV and tires were in GA.

I took a look at the Summit reviews for M/T and saw the complaints you were talking about. I imagine, at least with the soft sidewall tires, soft compound tires are probably prone to getting out of shape. Not sure why the fronts wouldn't be workable though.

However, good news I guess, if you like shipping tires all over the country.

Also from the M/T website -

What is the maximum weight it should take to balance my tire?

The industry standard is approx. 2% of the tire weight. Our standard is approx. 1% of the tire weight. Tires with excessive balance weight can be replaced under our adjustment policy within the first 10% of tread wear.

Heck at 1% of the tire weight. I might be sending both tires back. I just gotta make sure M/T does it on their dime. I'll be reaching out to see what they say.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread