View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 01:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrookie View Post
Slow internet sucks, but the car looks and sounds great from the limited footage I got to see! I would be worried that everything worked as it should though... In my case that'd be a precursor to an epic failure.
Haha, thanks man. Those vids are pretty boring. You're not missing much. I'll post more interesting footage once I go through the car to make sure everything is where I left it. (suspension bolts, lash, etc)

I do truly believe you captured the feeling of all DIYers with your statement though. We've all had things fail when we thought there was no way they could. That has a way of sticking with you, regardless of how many times you've done it without issue.

I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't waiting for something bad to happen. It was a shakedown run after all, with an exceptionally long period of being off the road. It's not a lack of confidence to feel that way IMO, its just being a realist. Its a mechanical thing with a ton of parts that have been removed, replaced, and put back together over a long period of time. In addition, sometimes $#^& happens through no fault of your own.

For now, its got 3 separate trips and 16 miles under its belt. All is well. A few more runs, leaning on it harder each time, and we'll see what happens.

What the worst that could go wrong?? Drop a lifter and take 6 years to bring it back?

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread