View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
That may not tell you much. Were the wires wrapped in a shielded cable when you got the unit? The shielding is particular in that it needs to be grounded only on one end and preferably the ecu end. What type sensor is the Holley? VR, Hall, etc.? You could need a pull up resistor possibly, depending on what it is. It could be the rising/falling edge setting. It could be several setting in the tune actually. Hard to tell without more info.
And see my edit in the other post about the MSExtra forums. https://www.msextra.com/forums/
And ask a moderator to consolidate these two posts or you'll be trying to keep up with 2...
I don't believe they were shielded. It looks like standard wire insulation to me. Maybe that is it. Would I should just the signal wire, or all 3 wires (Switched 12v, Signal, and sensor ground)? I have tried the rising edge falling edge setting and it didn't change the sync issue. I will try to get the tune on here tomorrow evening and maybe you can take a look. I will definitely look at the other post on MSExtra. Also, should I be getting power for the crank sensor from any switched 12v, or should it come from the VREF wire that comes from the ECU? Right now it is coming from a standard switched 12V.