View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 09:51 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Thing is, a Molnar Pontiac forged is not really any better than a Scat. Both do not have all the counterweights.
The highest HP pushed though one of those I know of is 1500 HP with Kinsler on spray. And you have Marty 1600 HP (RA V crank ?)
You can buy a BBC Molnar fully counterweight,ed crank for 900$. Forged cranks like those do not exist for Pontiacs.
BTW, I asked Mr. Molnar what it would take to make some for us and he said 150K for the tooling and sitting on them for 10 years before you get your investment. Not going to happen.

At any rate, I suspect any BBC pushing 2400 HP with TTs has the type of forged crank that has never been available for Pontiacs. That is why the Pontiac big dogs run billet. Not because its any stronger, just fully counterweight,ed.
I will never build a 2400 HP TT Pontiac. But would not even let it enter my mind to try and do it with a Scat or Molanr crank. End up scrap metal.
I started to buy a billet, and was talked out of it by several people...Travis Quillen was one of them...Said to run the forged crank and spend the extra money on better rods...

Ed at Molnar seems to think his crank wont have a problem holding up...