View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know it's been mentioned a couple times previously, but I believe a Pro-Touring topic area /section would be worthwhile. Sure, folks can start threads about their pro-touring projects in the appropriate model/year sections. The problem is that these threads are essentially invisible to people who have pro-touring projects in other model/year sections. Knowledge and insights from a pro-touring project involving a 70 Firebird that could be useful to someone working on a 64 Tempest, a 73 Ventura, or an 80 Firebird tend not to get shared here simply because folks don't visit all the other forums. Based on my experience, it's more likely to meet these people at protouring.com or lateral-g. It's also true that one can start pro-touring related threads in the general tech areas (interior, boost, suspension, electrical, etc., sections). Trouble is that the issues (problems, solutions, vendors, etc) that come up in pro-touring builds are often unique to that arena, and so replies may not be as helpful as they could be if pro-touring folks had a place to hang out. Having said all this, I'm not sure how many on here are involved in these types of projects or how many would need to be interested for it to be worth doing. I will say that as the supply of 69 Camaro project cars dries up, interest in pro-touring Pontiacs should increase. Just my 2 cents.