View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 12:24 PM

I don't know that anyone in my family had ever owned a Pontiac before I purchased mine. My dad was a Chevy man. a 67 Chevelle SS and a 72 short bed he had ordered brand new. Back in 1984 we didn't have internet and a myriad of options when it came to searching for cars. I remember seeing a 65 Buick Riviera for sale and liking that front end. The overall car just wasn't what I was looking for though. At 15 I didn't have a lot of cash to spend on a car. Who does at 15? At that time you searched classifieds in local papers. I ran across a 67 LeMans 2 door HT for $500. Ran. Drove. Was complete from front to back. Loved the car and drove it home.

Over the years, it was the cars and engines themselves that influenced me and kept one in the driveway. Though not typically a high revving engine, the torque and drivability was great. Engines were easier to work on IMHO. Other than headers! Though my dad knew Chevys, that was of little help when I stupidly pulled plugs, wires, etc for a tune up the first time without numbering anything. They really don't like to run when you set the firing order on the cap clockwise.

It has always been, and shall always be the cars themselves that drive my passion for the Pontiac brand.