View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Boy, I'll bet the backstory on that car would be interesting...who was the original owner, what did he use it for, etc.
Stuart, Yeah, I wish we knew too, but from what Ken (KC) told us, he bought the car from the 2nd owner, who bought it from an estate sale with the intention of flipping it. The second owner didn't know any history and unfortunately we can only speculate the motives of the original buyer, which isn't too difficult to do. It has 108,000 miles on it and Dan did get the OO's maintenance log book from 60,000 miles to 108,000 (2008?). It hasn't been driven hardly at all since the OO died. It does have Englishtown Dragway decals (from the 60's) in the rear qtr. windows and was dragraced there. It was a true dual-purpose car and I'm sure a street racer as well. The OO bought, modified and installed a metal mailbox on the hood as a hood scoop that also came with the car. He even painted it Verdoro Green to match the car. I wish we had back-in-the-day pics of it. If KC knows any more history than what I told, hopefully he will chime in.

Dennis