View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hideaway Hose Kit shortage

I've got a problem arising because of the apparent shortage of headlight hose kits for the 68 GTO. I've been putting off several parts of the assembly waiting for the kit because I don't want to cover up the access to the three hole firewall grommet.

I don't want to finish installing the dash pad (AC) because access to the hose connections on the switch are way more difficult to reach with it installed (can reach right through the empty AC vent hole).

I don't want to install the parking break pedal because it makes access to the inside of the grommet almost impossible. And I don't want to move the car out of the shop without the parking brake working (added insurance in case of brake failure)

And of course the grommet gets real hard to reach with the fender installed.

So anyway ... since the kits aren't available I figured if I knew what color hoses to use and how long they need to be I could just order the individual hose and run those to the switch and through grommet and let them hang until my hose kit comes in, and then connect to already installed hoses.

Yes, a long way to ask ... the approximate lengths needed, I'm sure I can find a schematic showing the colors needed.

Thanks