View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

With that shallow of a backspace and narrow of a tire on the front, I'm surprised you're having rubbing on the subframe. My 245/45 on 17x8 with 5" backspacing barely touch at full lock. On our cars with disc brakes 4.75 to 4.8.125" backspace on a 8" wheel is usually ideal on the front and that's with a 245 tire. Are you sure it's rubbing on both sides? I wonder if you have a frame alignment issue.

For the rear, an 8" wheel is way to narrow to run a 275 (minimum is 9" wide). Reason I say this, is that super-narrow rim is probably changing the effective tire width a little bit (roughly .2mm per 1/2" as a general rule). So, your actually is probably like 10.2" wide on that narrow rim. In other words, when you get the correct width 9.5" on there the overall tire width will be like the 10.8" dimension. I'd probably see how the existing tire works on the 9.5" before trying to up-size. The other thing is a 295 would need about at least a 10" anyway. Again usually the ideal backspace is 5.5" with a 9.5" width rim on the rear. (P.S. I run a 17x9.5, 5.5 BS with 275/40s rear).