View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebird View Post
4 links are nice setups, but one of the issues is that they bind.
Jonny joints and Roto joints can resolve this - but are expensive. I noted Speedway motors had a setup for the 73-88 A/G bodies but nothing for the earlier cars (a reversal no doubt!). 2 diiferences arise: inner sleeve length is 0.100" shorter and the inner diameter is 0.562" vs. 0.500" for the earlier cars.

This is solvable. The part Speedy Bill sells has a shell with the same OD dimensions as the earlier cars and uses a pair of hollow plugs to adapt the spherical joints. The joint is pressed in and retained with a pair of snap rings.
I ordered some 7/8" Ø round stock and will machine it to adapt for my 71 LeMans.

removing bushings is so much fun -

I ordered a pair of Delrin bearings from McMaster-Carr whish just happened to be the exact size as the pieces Speedy sold - I intend to use these on the diff's upper arms on the ears as there is no good way to lube them after install. The others I will modify the shell to take a Zerk.
Are these bushings similar to the RideTech R bushings? I am changing my diff. and looking at alternatives to the urethane bushings on the ears. Thanks.