View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 11:26 PM

If you paid to exhibit a car, your hike from swap meet to stash point is sort of manageable. You can get over to the parking fields fairly direct too. A pull cart, flea market style fold would be good. I use the Ames shuttles for big stuff.

You will run out of time. I ALWAYS run out of time. If you allow 1 day, less road time to get there, yiu will be sorry. As I got so deep into this event, the race side really peaked my interest as a car builder. Invaluable knowledge and great people willing to talk (when they aren't in the heat of a race time). Take pictures, tons and tons. Your brain will be melted down, this is huge sensory overload.

It's like a candy store, like that amazing one in downtown Omaha. Sucks you in with so much to see. There is no equal to Tri Power Nats.
1) Swap meet 6 to 8 hrs, but break away for big heats and super stock heads up against the competitor brands like Mopar, Chevy, Ford. They race only factory components of that period. Internals can be upgraded, but not the period features. Very cool.

2) show field clears out by 6 to 7 PM as folks return to hotels. Saturday has the best collection.
3) see Arnie Beswick. Learn his great legend story.
4) ice cream. It's in your gate pass. It's so much ice cream, and good.
5) many new parts vendors with great info. I always buy up stuff I didn't intend to shop.
6) blow money, you don't get 2 chances. It's totally worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to stevesbirds For This Useful Post: