View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Exhaust Difference - '73 Formula

I have been looking at new stock exhaust systems for my '73 Formula 400 and see 2 different options. Most exhaust I see is listed as either "70-'74 Ram Air" or '70-'74 Except Ram Air".
What is the difference?
It seems like the application is not entirely accurate as I was under the impression that the only difference by '73 was the air cleaner.
Even though my car has the Ram Air(air cleaner) option, am I to assume the exhaust I want is the one listed for non ram air?

Also, are the classic industries, classic exhaust, or any of the other lower priced options acceptable?
Gardner was recommended to me. But they were expensive even before things went completely bonkers.
FYI - It must be stock style exhaust. Every 2nd gen I hear that isn't OEM style exhaust just sounds wrong to me.

It will be a while before I need exhaust. But, no heat in the garage and a hatred of working barehanded in the cold means winter is pretty much just for research and parts acquisition here in Iowa.