View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff2 View Post
Air Ram, I used ordinary factory cast iron manifolds reversed-I don't think the Ram air manifolds were out then, it was over 20 years ago so I don't have any pics,sorry. The manifold outlets pointed down and came out near cylinders 1 & 2, I had the T4 sized turbos set up in front of the engine and used 2" 'J' pipes to the turbine housings. This was in a European car so I can't say how they would fit in your car, but later on when I switched to naturally aspirated,I swapped a set of Hedman headers side to side so that I could bring the 90 degree collectors out through the front fenders . (it was too tight to get the headers under the car pointing rearwards).
Thanks Taff, either way you shared very good and relevant information. I have been trying to eye ball them and guesstimate where the outlet would end up at the angle our heads have them mounted... they kind of play with a couple angles both from the head mounting angle and then the header flange angle... add them up and then consider where the outlet would be can make it challenging to guess without mounting them.

I imagine they would be pushed up and out board... Not exactly where they end up...

It would be nice if someone who had a set of the ram air headers and a mock up engine could mount them reversed for a visual... .... .... .... .... ...

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Last edited by AIR RAM; 10-01-2019 at 09:42 PM.