View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wasn't trying to criticize Roger's car. I know how picky he is about
panel fit by what he did on the front bumper.....I was just trying to help because
I know how they were built from the factory.....I've owned one for 50 years. The reason why the center bar is so close to the decklid is because it has been hit
and tweaked at some point...this is why the gap between the bumper and the bottom of the tail light bezels gets smaller as the gap approaches the center bar.
When the car was new, the center bar to deck lid gap would have been about to
spec where he has the bumper now, as the outer corners of the bumper to the quarter panel gap appear to be pretty close to spec, perhaps just a hair high.
At this point, if it was my car I would remove the bumper and get it straightened
in the center bar area( it needs to come out and down). Yes, I am picky, but so is Roger........just trying to help......his car is gorgeous...I'm not trying to criticize it.
When my car was 4 years old a guy rear ended my bumper and tweaked it and
later when I did a show restoration on it I spent 2000 dollars to get the rear bumper right because I couldn't find a better core to use. It's a shame that nobody makes a correct fitting reproduction rear bumper for these cars.