View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 07:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1969 View Post
Hey Roger, I tried to go back through your thread but it is not all there. I am getting to the coil springs on my 69 and wondered what you ended up doing. Your engine weight went down about the same as mine. Does the car sit like you want? Anything different you would have done? Thx for your input.
My thread look like it's all there to me. Let me know exactly what you think is missing if you would.

I'm not going to decide on what to do about my front springs until the car is completely assembled and at it's final weight. Once I have it there, I'll then be able to judge if the car will have the stance I want. I'm also going to put a set of Airlift bags in the stock rear springs so I will be able to adjust the rear height some. The front springs are Moog 5386 which were on the car when I bought it and they didn't look very old at all.

If the car does ride higher in the front than I want with the 5386, it looks like one step down would be 5390 and the next step down would be 5374.
Here's a chart I made that may help you:

If you are going to make a choice on springs before I do, I'd sure be interested in hearing what choice make and how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tininjun68 View Post
Just saw the wheel paint process and WOW!!! Spectacular!
I would talk to Raytheon about an Active Protection System so nothing on Earth attempts to dirty your car once done 😁
You could likely design/build yourself but give yourself a day off!
Thanks! Glad you like my wheels. I am quite proud of them.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO