View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROWHED View Post
65-66 B body wheelwell will accommodate a little over 30".....
I would bet a very low profile (short sidewall) tire on a 17 or 18" rim would allow the rim width to grow to 9", due to much less tire sidewall bulge
I know this has been gone through many times, but I was just looking around at trying to figure out a direction with my Catalina. I am almost certain that I am going to go with rally II wheels. But in my search I came by this website that you can do a side by side comparison of wheel and tire combos. http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp I am no person to give recomendations on tire or wheel sizes, but this calculator appears to help make sense of it all for me. I found it interesting that the 285/70 15s that have been proven are 30.7 in height and 11.2 in wide. If the calculator is accurate, it appears that the statement above is also correct as 235/55 17 would only be 27.2 height and 9.3 wide. Obviously you would have to get your backspacing correct, but it should clear the shock mount with no problems.

Anyone want to take a look at the calculator and give an opinion on it's accuracy?