View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Headlights _ Parking Lights on Together

I've resurected this as I was thoroughly confused. All along I was tryijng to get them on together by jumping the Purple and Brown/White wires at the light switch. The Brown/White stripe wire is not the one to use. You must use the solid Brown wire and the Purple wire only. That's all, nothing else is cut or unhooked from the switch. Just use a short piece of wire close to the same gauge and 2 scotch locks.

Thanks to a few great phone calls with Charles(Old Goat 67) I finally got my head out of my butt and did it the right way. After reading the old thread on this and a couple of PMs asking about it, I was completely in a fog. Charles got me straight but with an oddity. His GTO is a 67, no Brown/White stripe wire on his light switch harness. Mine does as does the 65s... tho not sure about 64 GTOs. The Brown/White wire seems to be the one that puts your dash lights on with the tail lights, but it is always hot. So never use it for this modificcation. I did and the park lights were on with the switch off.

I'm no electrician for cars so thanks to Old Goat 67, we now have it all in writing on doing it the correct way. Hope this helps any of you guys out there that want to do it.... it sure looks great IMHO. A BIG thanks Chuck.

BTW.. this should work on the GPs, StarChiefs, Catalinas...ect, ect for the 60s too.

Here's proof I did it. Don't mind the messy garage... it's cold here. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headlighs_Park Lights on Together.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	154980  

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"