View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
Since you're already using a Performer RPM, that kind of takes out the Pro Flow 4 from the equation, unless you're cool with selling that and running the torker ii the system is designed around.

The FiTech and Holley Sniper units are near as makes no difference, identical from a hardware perspective. They both use off-shore GM sensors and I'm all but certain that the ECU's are similar if not identical. It honestly would not surprise me at all if the same plant in China builds them. The software is different however and there are positives and negatives in both directions but IMHO the software edge goes to the Sniper simply because it has a larger VE table.

Specifically for timing control, I would choose Holley, simply because you can get their integrated modules that make it a breeze to setup. The FiTech is not hard to get setup for timing control, but it's not as straight forward as the Sniper.

Bottom line, you can't really go wrong with these three offerings. The biggest thing that you need to consider is what may be wrong with the car now that the carb doesn't care about, but that EFI will. Is the car wired and grounded well? Are there vacuum or exhaust leaks?

Additionally, don't cheap out on the fuel system. Buy a new tank with an internal sump, put a quality fuel pump in the tank and run the lines you need/want. The fuel system supports the EFI, if you can't give it constant, stable fuel, it'll never run correctly.

Thanks, what HP rating do you recommend based on my 400 specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk