View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 06:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default RA III stroker build

Thought I’d start a new thread on my plans to build a 4.00 in. stroker out of the RA III in my ‘70 TA. I started the journey today with starting to get ready to pull the engine and transmission. It’s been a while since I’ve done this, and I definitely have some questions.

I stayed with draining the radiator, removing radiator, shroud, fan, pulleys. I just pushed the p/s pump to the side but did not disconnect any lines. Pulled the starter, oil filter housing and fuel pump. When I was removing the fuel pump, the gas line just kept draining? I’m not sure how much gas I have in the tank, but I filled up a 5-gallon gas container before I just plugged the line with a bolt. I also disconnected the exhaust. That was about it for today.

Can the engine come out with the RA manifolds on?
Should I remove the distributor?
Since I’m rebuilding the trans as well, can that stay attached and just pull them as a unit?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions as I go along. As always, appreciate the feedback I get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk