View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 04:39 PM
Senior Chief

Wow John, this is getting eerie… lol. Now I’m at the point of me not even being able to post a question because when I come here to post it, I see your same question at the top of the list lol.

Haha, but seriously, thanks for posting both your questions and progress with everything you’ve gotten into. It has helped me immensely.

I just grabbed my window seals last night and tried to sort this same thing out. I swore I had pics saved somewhere that are almost as good as what you already have now in this thread.

Question for you though… Did your outer weatherstrip pieces have/include clips for mounting (that go into the slots)? Mine didn’t and I have no old weatherstrip to steal them from. I also can’t find them online. I thought I might have remembered that you could just drill and screw next to each clip location to secure, but maybe I’m just thinking about the inners where people often screw them on with a fine black screw Instead of staple? It seems like the clips might help hold the entire piece downward instead of just to the side where it might want to roll/twist.

Speaking of clips… I got your window clips removed last night when I pulled the back glass. Should have them in the mail this week along with the others.

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy11 For This Useful Post: