View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
Does the TerminatorX have the ability to do PWM control? I'm working on getting set up to test a Vaporworx controller to PWM a Walbro pump in a tank's inc tank. Might be an option. I highly recommend Carl @ Vaporworx. He tailored one of his units for this application and is just super to work with. I think at 500 crank horsepower on gasoline you'd have no issue with 3/8 feed and 5/16 return. Not sure if attempt the 1/4 return.
Carl helped me a ton with my Formula, and the system seems to work really well, but wanted to explore a less expensive option than a custom/Rick's tank and an OEM fuel module for the TA. I didn't even think to ask Carl if his controllers could work with non-OEM fuel module.

I have considered a Tanks Inc tank with a high flow GPA series Walbro pump. Looking closer now, the website does say that this pump can be controlled by PWM. Is this what you're using?

How will your system be setup with the VaporWorx controller?

I wonder if these Walbro pumps can be set up returnless style (cap off the return on the pump) where the Vaporworx controls fuel pressure and pump speed using input from a fuel pressure sensor? This is how my Formula was originally set-up (albeit used a GM fuel module so no return to cap off). Also, may be possible to set-up as a return system with fp regulator (C5 style?) to control pressure, but using input from a MAP sensor to control pump speed. This is where I ended up with my Formula (modified the fuel module to internal return style).

The least expensive in-tank option seems to be a Holley muscle car/sniper Fuel Tank Module and one of their tanks. The module is internally regulated, integrated sensor, etc., but don't know how well these modules work. I don't believe they can be controlled with PWM but it seems to be an attractive option.