View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am 58. in 1982 I lost my girlfriend/Fiance to a drunk driver . I/We would often go to the cemetary to visit her ,sometimes at night .
Well at night
we had to jump the fence in back and park on the side of the road in a housing developement. I drove a 1970 442 W-30 with 29,000 miles
4 speed and 433's ... there was a 68 GTO convert parked with a flat tire ,a couple houses down from where I would park and jump the fence..
one night on our way out we got busted by an old man ... he confronted us and made sure we wernt vandalizing ... but he was more interested in my Olds .... come to find out he owned the GTO ... we checked it out .. asked why it was just sittin with a flat tire ..
the 4 piston discs were leaking on one side and it was parked .... bought it the next night for 550.00 ... bled the brakes on the side of his drive way and brought along a spare and drove it home 30 miles lost the brakes about half way home.... used the ebrake and compression from the 4 speed to slow it down ..... I still own it today ....put 225,000 miles on it in 15 years.....vedero green black black 4 speed ...
I always like the GTO my uncle had a 66 tripower 4 speed car never got to ride in it my folks wouldnt let us
and wrapped it around a telephone pole sideways in 71 with my mom and dad in the back seat on the way home from the bar and country dancing ..

Scott