View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 01:20 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
Tom, could you in good conscience recommend to the OP to put 862 horsepower on his stock Pontiac block and crank? Expected lifespan? 6-8 psi may be a very appropriate range for this to keep things together.
The engine that Luhn Performance ran was not a aftermarket block, it was a basic early 70s 455 engine block with some good rods and I believe one of Wade and Mark's BOP forged cranks.

So to answer your question, after we tore it back down for a engine inspection the only issue we noticed was some main cap fretting, (that Mark later fixed with longer precision fit alignment dowels, same two bolt main cap block).

I plan on doing something very similar on my aluminum head FACTORY 455 block (2 bolt main) using another T-Trim Vortech Supercharger at (9-10 lbs of boost) in my street convertible. Should be good for a easy 600 HP with a mild camshaft and factory crank. I would not worry about running 5300 rpm or 13 psi of boost but do not want to twist up the car (64 GTO) to brag about another 860+ HP engine. SO YES, NO PROBLEM IN MY MIND AT ALL.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 02-12-2021 at 01:26 PM.